2016 ASLMS report / Boston, 2016, april
- Tattoo particle size : 2 to 400 nm (4O nm on average)
- Nano or pico ? Both work well, picosecond pulse is ideal
- Is it necessary to have nano and pico–second lasers?
- At the beginning companies said
- Sessions every 4 to 8 weeks
- 75 % clearance after 5 sessions
- With time… : certain professional and large tattoos need more than 7 or 10 sessions…
- Blue and green colors : with Picosure you can clear them in 3 sessions
- 532 ps : works well for yellow color
- No alopecia for cosmetic tatoos of the eyebrow
- No scarring
- 755 nm picosecond laser is useful for Asian pigmentary disorder without post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- For Cynosure and Candela devices : possibilities to adapt handpieces for photorejuvenation, vertical lip wrinkles, neck, melasma, circles, post acne scars …
- Upgrading of devices
- Price and price of maintenance (cf CHAN)
- 3 wavelengths are necessary to clear all colors (cf CHAN)
- Often they are compared with the Trivantage ns and not with other Q-switched ns lasers
- Excessive pulse duration (750-250 ps) : 30 ps (ideal)
- Not real advantages on pigmentary disease for Caucasians
- Attention on excessive communication and publicity…
- Is the patient faithful for tattoo removal?
- Profitability ?
What can you do in front of a resistant tattoo without a picosecond laser ?
Try all the wavelengths you have in ns QS
R-20 technic and perfluorodecaline patches (585 $ for 15 patches)
Try the combination with ablative fractional lasers at the end of the session
Buy a picosecond laser...
And much more!
Want to read more? download the full article : click on the link below & Join the ESLD